A drum circle is an instant rhythm experience for all ages and abilities – no musical experience needed! Frequently called in-the-moment music-making, drum circle participants sit in a circle and play drums and/or hand percussion instruments. No experience is needed, just an openness to create from the space of the heart.
Eveyrone has a natural ability to rhythm, was we were each incubated in the heartbeat as we were created within the womb of our mothers. As we entered this world, our breath and heartbeat created our life and as we exit, our breath and heartbeat will gentle guide us home.
Peaceful World offers several types of Drum Circles for the needs of our community and to the service of ourselves and others.
A corporate drum circle combines several innovative stress management and relaxation techniques with drumming. Corporate drum circles are more structured than community drum circles and are geared towards adults who often juggle many responsibilities and are pressed for time. Like with the community drum circle, corporate drum circles require no musical or drumming experience.
Community Drum Circles / Churches / Shelters / Community Centers / Senior Centers / Schools
A community drum circle is open to everyone of all ages and is a family-friendly event. Another way to describe this event is to call it a rhythm party. These community drum circles are an opportunity to enjoy a group activity with friends and neighbors. It is a family-friendly event and open to all ages. No previous musical or drumming experience is necessary. It's all about FUN!
Educational Drum Circles
An educational drum circle refers to an interactive program designed for children and youth ages Pre-Kindergarten through 12th grade. Peaceful World Rhythms aligns their educational programs with the State Standards in education, to ensure that students are receiving top-quality programming that focuses on health and wellness, culture and geography, and developmentally appropriate social-emotional skills.
Healing Drum Circles
Peaceful World Rhythms offer drum circles with therapeutic purposes and we focus on the scientifically proven benefits of rhythm and drumming for physical and mental health and wellness. Healing drum circles are typically focused on a spiritual experience where participants get together in a peaceful calming space such as a beach and drum with a specific intent, often for physical or spiritual healing.
Each month Melissa offers a free community Drum Circl in the Garden and in various parks in the Denver-Metro area. To find out more email email@example.com
What you will experience...
Reverses stress responses
Finding the music within yourself
Inspires exceptional living and personal support
Everyone becomes part of the muscial experience
No rehearsals, no reading music
No right or wrong way to play
Everyone is part of the circle
Eveyrone is included, all ages welcome
Helps release emotional trauma
Lowers blood pressure
Induces deep relaxation
Produces feelings of well-being
Here are 7 Ways Drumming Drumming is Good For You resource Jim Donovan from Drum Training Programs 2023
1. Drumming creates a greater sense of community and connection: Drumming circles offer a powerful way to come together and create strong connections with others. It is an energizing activity that can bring people closer and increase feelings of closeness, empathy, trust, and respect
2. Enhances focus through rhythm: Drumming creates a hypnotic feeling as a drummer begins to feel the body responding in time with the music. When all are drumming in sync together, it builds deep concentration as attention focuses onto the flow of energy within the group dynamic. This 2022 study describes how drumming helps people with autism reduce hyperactivity and inattention while strengthening functional connectivity in brain regions responsible for inhibitory control and action outcome monitoring
3. Improves physical skills and coordination: Drumming is incredibly helpful for honing physical coordination between limbs when learning new rhythms. This also helps improve agility required for mastering complex beats while staying in tempo with everyone else in the circle
4. Reduces stress levels: Drum circles help to reduce stress through its ability to immerse participants in a state of flow or trance-like state where all worries gradually seem to drift away and be released into the sound waves created by this collective art form
5. Restores life balance: By participating in a regular drum circle practice, individuals can become familiar with how drumming affects mind and body which can offer insight on how to use to support overall life balance
6. Builds emotional strength: Participating in drum circles helps build emotional strength because it invites people to be vulnerable through being willing to create their own music. The act of creating with your drum allows a person to explore taking creative chances around others 7. Encourages creative expression: The act of drumming itself encourages creative expression as individuals quickly learn how to utilize percussive instruments like drums, rattles, or even just shakers made out of cans filled with rice! It’s a great opportunity for anyone looking to awaken their creative process without any prior experience necessary; just jump right in and start exploring your inner musician!