Mindful-Based YOGA ENRICHMENT PROGRAMS
Peaceful World Yoga offers a Mindful-Based Yoga Enrichment Program that can be delivered as part of before and after school programs (such as B.A.S.E), as an independent after-school enrichment class, or during the school day as an academic elective/credit or special program.
We also offer classes in Yoga Studios, Recreation Centers and the YMCA.
Our class sessions typically run for 1 hour-1.5 hours depending on your school or facility needs and are held once a week for a 6 week session. Sessions length can also vary if you have specific needs for requests for longer or shorter sessions.
Peaceful World Yoga does customize programs and pricing to meet the needs of your indivudual school or facility
A few of the Benefits of our Yoga Enrichment Program include:
- Self-regulation strategies through mindfulness practices
- Stress management techniques through movement and relaxation practices
- Increased Attention and awareness
- Stronger Self-Esteem and Learning to have a Positive Body Image
- Increased Body Awareness
- Builds Compassion towards self and others
- Learn to Create a Pleasant Environment in the spaces you live in
- Personal Growth and Empowerment (this is the most exciting to see)
- Empathy for others
- Confidence in ourselves
- Mindful Awareness about the spaces and situations we find ourselves in
- Fun! Yoga has to be fun for children to want to participate and learn about their inner (muscles, tendons, bones, organs, mind, brain, etc...) and outer body.
- Learning the benefits of being healthy and strong
- Adding in the talents of the youth in the room (we engage all passions and "expert" knowledge and incorporate into our class).
- Learn to re-invent yoga for your own personal practice (rename poses, invent poses...the only rules is that the pose has to feel good).
- Something Exciting Time: Yoga is much more than yoga: We invent Yoga games, yoga dances and even sports yoga!
- Fun music
- Community time and Connections
- Co-creating a class with the students who are in each class
- Yoga Workshop where we learn how to do poses safely and then re-inventing them and adding new poses
- Quiet and Reflection Time (may include breathing, mindfully sitting and observing nature, relaxation, story time, listening to music to calm, guided imagery, body scan, reflexology and learning how to massage our body to relax. Just to name a few!
- Our classes are evolving on a regular basis! Check back to see what else we offer as children and teens help to discover even more fantastic ways to share the practice of yoga movement and mindfulness.
Contact us now for more information on the program and pricing for your school or facility.
* We offer scholarships to those students who are in financial need. An application process is required and can be sent upon request.