Peaceful Minds CurriculuM
The Peaceful Minds Curriculum is a mindful-based program that utilizes mindfulness to teach the how of self-regulation, growing students' learning through metacognition, strategic action, and motivation. Mindfulness is purposefully bringing awareness to your own personal thoughts and experiences in the present moment and without judgement. The strategies we guide students to use decrease impulsive reactions, encourages empathy, assists in conflict resolution, increase emotional regulation, and allows students a platform to evaluate and make decisions regarding their own behavior.
When implemented into the school day, Peaceful Minds Curriculum provides time and space to promote and practice mindfulness skills and strategies and provides tools for students to use in everyday life. Our teachers gently guide students by providing "Backpacks for Success" for the younger children and "Tools for Transition" for teens. These Mindfulness principles offer life-long tools that will allow students of all ages to self-regulate throughout their day and throughout their life.
Self-regulated learners have been reported to be more successful because they are equipped with tools and strategies and the ability to control their own learning environment. This feeling of empowerment leads to a deeper understanding of the subject matter they are learning and increases students overall growth. By bringing awareness to their bodies, minds and hearts, students are able to see where stress resides and utilize the tools in their "Backpacks" to calm, soothe and self-regulate. As a result, youth are gaining control of their own actions and learning how to assist others in their lives find the same peace and balance.
Our mission at Peaceful World Yoga is to empower students to take control of their own stress responses that occur in the body, mind and heart and to guide them to make their own positive impact in the world.
Benefits of the Peaceful Minds Curriculum for Your School:
- Supports Mindfulness Literacies
- Supports Mindfulness Learning Objectives
- Builds attention muscles
- Creates an awareness of cognitive flexibility
- Builds resilience
- Improves a feeling of open-mindedness
- Supports immune function
- Supports cognitive development
- Improves attention skills
- Improves emotional regulation
- Promotes happiness
- Reduces impulsivity
- Enhances a sense of well-being
- Builds executive functioning
- Promotes increased calmness
- Improves focus and concentration
- Provides tools to help students have great impulse control
- Reduces aggression towards self and others
- Increase empathy and compassion towards self and others
- Creates an increased awareness
- Increases authentic communication and listening skills
- Improves social awareness
- Creates a deeper sense of interconnectedness and global awareness
- And the ever popular benefit....raises test scores through over all well-being and happiness in school
Pricing for the full implementation of the Peaceful Minds Curriculum program varies by school based on a variety of variables and factors. We would be happy to work with you to create the program that will best fit the needs of your school, staff and students.
Peaceful World Yoga has also received a grant that may help offset the costs to your school for implementing our programs. Contact us to learn how we can leverage this funding to bring you the benefits of this program!