peaceful minds curriculum training
Peaceful Minds Curriculum is a comprehensive mindful-based program that uses mindfulness as the lens to teach educators self-regulation, growing students' learning through metacognition, strategic action, and motivation.
Mindfulness is purposefully bringing awareness to your own personal thoughts and experiences in the present moment and without judgement. The strategies we guide students to use in the classroom, eliminate impulsive reactions, encourages empathy, conflict resolution, emotional regulation, and allows students a platform to evaluate and make decisions regarding their own behavior.
The carry over from classroom to real life makes this type of learning vital skill to achieve and thrive in the real world. Children are taught "Real World" problem solving skills that allow them to look within themselves to find clarity, concentration and equanimity. As children practice and grow their mindfulness practice, reactionary impulsiveness begins to lessen and children learn to create space around situations and circumstances.
When implemented into education, our mindfulness curriculum provides time within the school day to promote student mindfulness through interactive activities, movement, breathing techniques, body awareness, and mindful postures. Students learn key strategies that will empower them to self-regulate throughout their day. Self-regulated learners are successful because they learn to control their own learning environment, leading to a deeper understanding of subject matter and increasing overall student growth and development.
The current program consists of:
- 6 hours of instructor led training
- All staff and school personal are welcome and encouraged to participate
- Ten hands-on lessons that can be incorporated into the classroom immediately
- Yoga poses and instructions for how to teach students to safely learn to move their bodies AT THEIR DESKS! No mats or extra space needed! Students can practice at their desk and learn how to quietly do the pose they need for their individual body
- Breathing techniques that will reduce stress, anxiety, and tension in the body and mind
- Partner games
- Partner poses
- Family Yoga support
- Available in-class support from one of our trainers. A trainer will come to your room for up to 5 sessions and support you in modeling and/or teaching the lessons you've learned in the training to see how effective and powerful these tools are!
- Secure, members-only online access to program documents, resources, media, etc. that is continually updated
Trainings can be individualized to to meet the needs of YOUR school. Peaceful World Yoga has also received a grant that may help offset the costs to your school for implementing our programs. Contact us now to set up a free consultation.